5 Media News Sources

Every day, whether I decide I want to engage in it or not, I am presented with News in various forms, mainly through the media. Below are some of these sources of which I typically get News.



My Family
Almost any time I get News about my hometown, it is coming from my family. My parents watch the News everyday, and often tell me about things going on around town. My dad more than anyone else in my family engages in daily news. He wakes up and reads The WallStreet Journal, as well as  checking news sites throughout the day. My Family is probably the main way I receive news, particularly about my Home town, as we all send each other bits we find important.



Instagram
Instagram is probably the most used app I have. I have noticed many of the accounts I follow are called "tea" accounts, and they post news from various sources, including places like Twitter or very often fake news sources, simply for the purpose of getting reactions from people and sharing news that can also be used for entertainment purposes. Many of my friends also share news on their stories, and this is often the way I find out about big news.



BuzzFeed
Speaking of news being used for entertainment purposes...
I spend a fair share of my time on BuzzFeed for fun. Their quizzes are fun, and their news stories are so intriguing. At times, BuzzFeed does report some fairly reliable news, but I feel like it is very often "clickbait", which I will say works to get me interested, but oftentimes does not end up reporting exactly what my expectation from the headline may have been. I know this definitely isn't THE best site to get reliable news from, but at least it is fun?



ABC News
For the most part, I actually watch ABC news more than any of the other sources like Fox, CNN, or MSNBC. ABC tends to be a less biased source, and often is super reliable. Although it does lean slightly left, I don't find it to be to the point where it consistently influences the stories or accuracy of what is being reported.



BBC News
This is another source I find to be very reliable. I'm not 100% why, but I see BBC news stories SUPER often, especially each time I open up google on any browser. I also see BBC news very often on social media. I know it is one of the most reliable sources there is, which also typically remains unbiased.

Comments

Popular Posts